The governing board provides strategic leadership and accountability in schools. It’s main functions are:
- Overseeing the financial performance of the school and making sure its money is well spent
- Holding the headteacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
Governors have a role to play in ensuring that social and emotional wellbeing features within improvement plans, policies, systems and activities and the culture and ethos of the school.
Discussion questions/Thinking points
- How involved are the Governors with Mental Health and wellbeing in the school?
- Do we have/need a Mental Health wellbeing link governor?
- How do you support the Mental Health and wellbeing of Governors?