Whole school approaches
There are a range of approaches that can be taken within a school to support mental health and wellbeing alongside it forming part of the curriculum within PSHE lessons.
These can take the form of:
- Interventions - school based therapy and counselling sessions
- School Dog
- Wellbeing Lead/Wellbeing co-ordinator
- Top tips
These are just some of the approaches that can be taken - more guidance on these can be seen below.
Discussion questions/Thinking points
- How do you ensure that Mental Health and wellbeing is a whole school approach?
- What and who can you use within the school to support the whole school?
- What challenges do you face?
Guidance and Useful documents
- Interested in using mindfulness in your class or school but not sure where to start - IncludED Blog
- Innovative interventions and support for mental health and wellbeing in schools - Schools in Mind
- Mentally Healthy schools Whole school approach – Mentally Healthy schools
- What works in promoting social and emotional well-being and responding to mental health problems in schools? – Ncb